On behalf of the staff at Paterson Arts and Science Charter School- Elementary Campus (K-3), I am excited to welcome you to the 2018-19 school year! My name is Mrs. Jaimie Phillips and I will be serving in the role of School Director for our new K-3 campus. The members of our administrative team are Ms. Deniz Ismailoff, Assistant Director of Academics and Mrs. Carolina Johnson, Assistant Director of Operations. This year the K-3 students will be transitioning to our new building, located at 30 Michigan Ave., Paterson, NJ.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
2) Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
3) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
4) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
5) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
6) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
Please consider joining our school Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school’s program and its operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) Reading with children who need extra help
3) School-wide events
4) Student recognition events
5) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers
As we prepare to embark on a new school year, please know that efforts are being made to ensure that a smooth transition takes place. With the new school location, changes are likely. With that said, busing will continue to be handled by the Transportation Department for Paterson Public Schools as they will determine eligibility and bus routes. The Transportation Department is aware of our new location and is working diligently to make the necessary arrangements to inform families of their eligibility status. Parents who are interested in aftercare with the Boys and Girls Club of Paterson and Passaic may express interest at their office located at 264 21st Ave., Paterson.
The wonderful Paterson Wildcats staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. In the coming weeks, we look forward to meeting with you during our orientation dates August 16th and 17th. We thank you for your continued support as we embark on the 2018-19 academic year.
Mrs. Jaimie Phillips,